- Assure the organization has a long-term strategy that achieves its mission.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with municipal, provincial and federal levels of government.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in western heritage.
- Promote the organization within the community
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all-important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and its goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Support each director position and ensure the necessary tools and resources are accessible for directors to accomplish their designated tasks.
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure job descriptions are developed with assistance from the executive committee, regular performance evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Negotiate and provide input into agreements and contracts in relation to the organization’s operations.
- Work with the executive of the board and the directors to conduct official correspondence of the organization, and with designated officers to execute legal documents.
- The term for this position is two years.
- To ensure that your application is valid for the AGM, please make sure that your membership is complete. If not, please complete it here before filling in the form.
Volunteer Position: 2023 - 2025 Gp Stompede Board Of Directors
Job Location: Grande Prairie
Sorry! This job has expired.